Connect, Educate, Inspire in a Timeless Community
Thank you for considering a future with Zuni Public School District
The Pueblo of Zuni is located in western New Mexico, approximately 2.5 hours from Albuquerque and just under three hours from Flagstaff, AZ. The Zuni Pueblo is nestled in a scenic valley, surrounded by enchanting mesas. The Zuni people have lived in the American Southwest for thousands of years. Their cultural and religious traditions are rooted, in large part, in the people’s deep and close ties to the mountains, river ways, forests and deserts of the ancient Zuni homeland.
When you join the Zuni Public School District team, you are welcomed into the Zuni culture and community. The Zuni people revere their teachers, and it is a profound experience.
Why Join Zuni Public Schools?
- Teacher salaries range from $48,112 to $83,796 depending on experience plus health, dental and life insurance, paid time off, retirement plan.
- Earn additional stipends for coaching and sponsoring programs.
- Very low cost of living.
- Affordable housing is offered for teachers.
- Zuni Public School District is a recognized low income school, so teacher who teach in the district can have their student loans forgiven (up to $17,500 depending on their program). More information on the U.S. Department of Education’s Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Tuition reimbursement for employees pursuing college degree or certificate programs in teaching or instructional support. Employees can get reimbursed up to $2,500 per school year for tuition, registration fees and books.
About Zuni Public Schools
Are You a Fit?
- Our teachers make a profound difference in the lives of the Zuni students.
- They love living in a rural community.
- They are outdoor enthusiasts.
- When they need an escape, there is plenty to do and larger cities like Phoenix, Albuquerque and Durango are a short drive away.
- Great shopping and cultural events in the near-by communities of Gallup, Grants, Albuquerque and Show Low.
Learn more about the Pueblo of Zuni at ashiwi.org